Pay by Plate Solution
EyeGate’s Pay by Plate system offers major advantages over traditional Pay and Display as well Pay by Space and Display methods. EyeGate’s solution requires fewer payment machines and is ticketless so tickets cannot be ‘passed on’ to other drivers. The solution is online which means the licence plate numbers can be shared in real time with EyeGate’s Parking Enforcement Solution.
How it works
Pay by Plate is a ticketless method of paying for parking that works in the following manner:
1) The driver parks and can pay for a parking bay by using a mobile app or EyeGate’s Kiosk
Using the mobile app:-
- The driver selects the carpark location or for street parking selects the geo-location.
- The driver will then be prompted to enter the vehicles number (if one is not already stored) and to choose the amount of parking time required.
- The driver will then be prompted to enter their credit card details (if one is not already stored) and payment is processed. (Internet banking and pre-purchased parking vouchers option are also available)
- Once payment is made for the required parking time, the driver walks away.
- The driver enters the vehicle’s number plate into the Kiosk
- The driver will then be prompted to choose the amount of parking time required and pay accordingly with coins or credit card.
- Once payment is made for the required parking time, the driver walks away and does not have to go back to the vehicle to display a ticket.
Using EyeGate’s Kiosk
2) Traffic wardens who are patrolling the car park or street can check licence plate numbers on their mobile phone app via EyeGate’s Parking Enforcement Solution.
3) If a vehicle is in violation of the parking conditions an infringement notice can be issued. The infringement notice can be printed on the mobile handheld printer.
4) For larger installations, number plates are checked via vehicles fitted with EyeGate’s LPR cameras for fast and efficient number plate reading.